Sunday, January 16, 2011

A more complete introduction...

I am married to a baker, and between us we have five children under the age of 9.

I have two younger sisters. They are both taller than I am, but I have the biggest feet. 
I spent ten years in the Army and only got one overseas assignment: two weeks with a reserve unit in Kaiserslautern, Germany.
I got married in Hawaii, and the only guests were people I met when I got there. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
I swam with a sea turtle that was twice my size on the coast of Maui. 
I make obscure film references at random.
I signed up for a political science class at a community college to see how many liberals I could annoy.
There was a girl in that class who looks like Helena Bonham Carter circa Fight Club and talks like Betty Boop. No lie.
I practice my political debates on my husband. 
I also experiment with new recipes without warning him first.
I have had two knee scopes in the past two years.
My engagement ring is a sapphire rather than a diamond. I love that it's different from what everyone else has.
My camera is one of the best gifts I have ever received. For the other best gift I have received, see the previous statement.
I can tie a cherry stem into a knot using only my tongue.
I memorized Philippians 2:5-11 in 1995 for extra credit, and I can still repeat it without looking.
I have one son one stepson, and three daughters. And the girls are way more vicious.
Two years ago I cut off 13 inches of my hair and donated it. I don't regret donating it, but I do wish it would grow faster.
I love to cook.
I only dance when I'm baking.
I haven't paid more than $20 for a pair of blue jeans since high school.
I sing in the car, but not in the shower.
I would like to study Greek so that I can read the New Testament in its original language.
I have read both Caesar's Gallic Wars and Ferdinand the Bull in Latin.
I own more bathing suits than I do pairs of pants.
My father read The Chronicles of Narnia to me when I was four. 
The book The Princess Bride is far superior to the movie. And the movie is fantastic.
All movies are better with Rifftrax.
I miss Ocean City, New Jersey. Seriously.
I do not miss San Antonio, Texas.
I watch The Mummy when I have insomnia. Not because it puts me to sleep, because I like it.
If I had to guess, I'd say I have x-rayed close to 5,000 people in the last five years.
I can't sleep past 8am, even if the kids aren't home.
I once had to pry a man’s prosthetic leg (still attached to him) from the side of the MRI machine because he *forgot* to tell me that it was made of steel and thus MAGNETIC.  
I believe that the Bible is the literal word of God and should be treated as such. 
I am fiercely pro-life, pro-family, pro-military and anti-big government. 
I believe that the U.S. Constitution does not need any help. 
My father is an entomologist, so I grew up with more insects in my freezer than most people have seen in a lifetime. 
But I am terrified of clowns and carousels.

No comments:

Post a Comment