Friday, October 7, 2011

Occupy Washington DC (We Are Not the 99%)

I spent a lot of time looking at the "Occupy Wall Street" insanity yesterday. And it isn't just Wall Street. Mobs are cropping up all over the United States, in some cases invited to join the protest by state institutes of higher learning. Here in St. Louis, along with offering advanced degrees in exciting fields such as Union Thuggery and How-to Accidentally-Bitch-Slap-a-Citizen-Journalist, University of Missouri St Louis (UMSL) is now actively recruiting students to participate in OccupySTL. 
So far there have only been a few arrests at Kiener Plaza in comparison to the thousand or so in New York, but it's early yet...


I find the whole situation amusing because most of the people protesting are against the banks and Wall Street fat cats, but for Barack Obama. It's a wonder they can even see him, what with him being so deep in the pockets of Goldman Sachs...


But I digress. I have created a Facebook page for those of us who want to "Occupy Washington DC." Not by crowding the streets and obstructing the flow of capitalism, but by flooding it with our votes and our voices. Because I am not the 99%, and I believe that it will get done if I do it, not if I demand that someone else be made to do it for me.


Join me here and make your voice heard as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment