Thursday, January 12, 2012

Intellectually Transmitted Disease (ITD) PSA

People don't think that I notice, but I do. 


I see the people shifting ever so slightly away from me when I sit down on a bus or a train. 


I see people choosing a longer line at the supermarket checkout to avoid standing too close to me.


I sit alone in the cafeteria at school while other students walk by, either avoiding my gaze altogether or immediately glancing away.


I overhear the gossip at school and sometimes even at church:


"Do you think it's catching?"


"I'm afraid she might accidentally touch me."


"Her whole family has it, you know."




Well, I'll be the first to admit that I have conservatism. And I'll probably do my best to infect you with it, to be honest. But unless you love liberty and learn to think for yourself, you're in no danger of actually catching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment