Monday, November 21, 2011

Hindsight is 20/20

I'm starting to wonder if time spent in the Army has contributed to my intolerance. Not intolerance of other viewpoints, but intolerance of willful ignorance and laziness. I spent most of my time at Fort Leonard Wood working in the Troop Clinic, or the CTMC. We saw hundreds of patients each day in the x-ray department, and most of them had no business being there. They didn't want to go to PT (Physical Training), their best friends were sick and they were tagging along, or they wanted to see if they could get their hands on some free cough drops or painkillers.


Those trainees are what I see every time I drive past Kiener Plaza in St. Louis. People who are mad at "predatory lenders" even though they didn't sign their student loan paperwork at gunpoint remind me of the trainees who want to go home after two weeks because "no one told me it would be this hard."


Suck it up, people. If you signed your name to something without reading it first, you should be blamed twice. First for signing a bad deal, and second for being dumb enough to do it without questioning it first.


Hindsight is 20/20, but now that you're in the situation you have two options. You can be these guys:




Or you can be these guys:


Any questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment